Elders receive culturally appropriate care and are encouraged to take part in regular activities and outings in the region. Family and friends are always welcome for visits and to enjoy a meal in the cafe and dining area. We understand the reluctance of families, particularly in the Aboriginal community, to have someone else take care of Elders, the most respected people in the community hierarchy.
Our staff and carers work hard to ensure each resident is accorded the respectful service they deserve as befits their Elder status.
Home Care Package Services
A Home Care Package is funding provided by the Australian Government to help people obtain care to live safely and independently at home for as long as possible. Home Care Packages are for frail older people, dementia or special needs.
Eligible people are given a Home Care Package budget and can decide how it is allocated. This approach gives you the choice and flexibility to choose the services you need. Four levels of home care support are available
- Level 1 for people with basic care needs
- Level 2 for people with low-level care needs
- Level 3 for people with intermediate care needs
- Level 4 for people with high-level care needs
Biripi Aged Care offers a range of flexible home care options that can be tailored to suit the requirements of you or a family member. For our Elders, our home care services range from a little extra help around the house to full-time, around the clock care. We have a team of experienced case managers and support workers who can deliver services and advice to ensure that you Home Care Package suits your lifestyle, personal goals and budget.
If you have a Home Care Package or Home Care Plan through the Australian Government’s My Aged Care system, you can use Biripi services to keep your house and garden clean and tidy. The types of services Biripi can provide under a Home Care Package include:
- Home cleaning
- Nutrition and meal preparation
- Gardening and lawn-mowing
- Home Maintenance
- General wellbeing checks
- Companionship and socialisation
- Mobility and dexterity assistance
- Nursing, allied health and other clinical services
- Transport and assistance getting around
- Hospital-to-home transitional care
- Mobility aids and equipment
- Carer Respite
- In-Home care
- Personal care