Maternal – Child and Family Health Team
The midwifery team offers antenatal and postnatal care, community at home support, immunisations, and a range of women’s health services. Our midwives work closely with the local hospitals, and assist in ensuring continuity of care between Biripi ACMC and hospital services.
The Clinical Services Maternal Child and Family Health Team now includes social/Emotional Support Workers. The team remains well supported by a visiting obstetrician who continues to provide care for the local community.
Our services are as follows:
- Pregnancy Care
- Support in labour
- Antenatal Educational Groups
- Belly casting and belly casting painting groups
- Refer and support you to the Quit Smoking Program
- Postnatal Care and Child Health
- Advice on contraception/family planning
- Ongoing support with breastfeeding/nutrition advice
- Advice and support with sleep and settling
- Advice on attachment and any concerns mum has for her baby immunisations
- Baby checks, weight, length and development
- Blue book checks