Dental Oral Health
Social & emotional wellbeing
Services at our clinics include:
- preventive health checks – the 715 offered to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander each year
- chronic disease screening, management, and ongoing care
- care coordination for clients with complex care needs
- mums and bubs services including antenatal care for pregnant women and their families,
- social health services including community-based mental health, with physiologists and counselling services
A wide variety of visiting specialist and allied health services such as:
- Oncology services
- Optometry services
- Audiology services
- Paediatrician services
- Endocrinology/General Physician services
- Podiatry services
- Psychiatrist Services
- Ear, Nose & Throat
715 Health Check
Staying on top of your health is important. It helps to identify potential illnesses or chronic diseases before they occur. It is much easier to look at ways to prevent these things from occurring, rather than treatment.
The 715 Health Check is designed to support the physical, social and emotional wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients of all ages. Check out our FaceBook page for promotions on free merch when you get your 715 health check done.
What Happens at A 715 Health Check?
Having the health check can take up to an hour. A Practice Nurse, Aboriginal Health Worker or Aboriginal and Torres Starlit Islander Health Practitioner may assist the doctor to perform this health check. They will record information about your health, such as your blood pressure, blood sugar levels, height and weight. You might also have a blood test or urine test. It is also an opportunity to talk about the health of your family.
Depending on the information you’ve provided, you might have some other tests too. You’ll then have a yarn with the doctor or health practitioner about the tests and any follow up you might need. It’s also good to tell them about your family medical history or any worries you have about your health
Check out our Deadly 715 shirt, designed by local Biripi artist Brittany Cochrane, to receive this free shirt, call us today to book in your 715 Health Check.